|About the College|
Best Practice - I
1. Daily Diary System: For the employees
2. Objective of the practice (Goal)
To increase the accountability and responsibilities towards the task assigned. It could be used as an effective tool for monitoring the way of working as well as workload of our employees.
3. The Context
Regular entries needed to be done every day. This practice will be maintained regularly, and to push oneself to go further. It will boost the performance level naturally. Regular practice will show their faithfulness towards the duties and practices. If this practice is not maintained properly it will become the main cause of negligence and latter lead to data discrepancy.
4. The Practice
As stated above there is a good chance that employees himself assess his abilities and performances and can review and improve it whenever he feels free. This positive practice will always support them for future planning in the long run. Daily diary may support this institution and other agencies to collect authentic recorded data for research and planning as well as to develop the teaching learning process and to achieve higher goals. This personal data will always support the concerned faculty to develop and improve in all his activities. It will be easy for the higher authorities to check the employeeís activity. Diary will help user to teach and complete his syllabus according to curriculum development for him to find out also easy. The first areas of study and practices daily diary involve the user in his best practice.
5. Evidence Success
Use of the above practice is now showing results as a feeling of confidence and faith in themselves and also saves their precious time and effort. Management of various resources has now become very easy. Discipline and attentiveness among students and administration has increased. This practice has increased time management for particular
6. Problem Encountered and resources required
Though this daily diary practice is new for us as we have recently adopted this practice, hope we can overcome the problems and challenges easily by maintaining this fruitful practice regularly.
As we are New to this place, we are always ready use our earlier experiences and to provide any level of assistance required by other institutions for implementing of this best practice in their respective institutions.
Best Practice - II1. Title of Practice:
Students Daily Attendance
2. Objective of the Practice:
To increase the student presence in class room during teaching hours it will transform as an effective tool to motivate students towards their studies and to achieve future goals.
3. The Context
Studentís attendance and signature is taken regularly (per day). Reasons being if we leave it for a day this will be taken for granted and will develop as a habit. Such negligence in long run will become main cause for low quality and ability as well as lack of seriousness among students. It is the teacher's first duty to maintain the studentís presence recorded regularly and at the same time it is his social and moral responsibility also to effectively counsil them to attend the classes regularly.
4. The Practice
To implement this daily attendance record practice more effectively University has recently imposed a fine for not attending class without any valid reason or prior information per day basis. Continued absence for a week or more can lead to his/her expulsion from the college. Before implementation of this practice, the teachers always face the problem of irregular and low attendance among students.
- Due to low attendance teachers had to repeat their lecture for those who weak and not present in their previous lectures.
- This regular malpractice leads to the non completion of syllabus and at the end of these mester.
- Regular absents of the students does not allow the teacher to take some collective decisionsand discussions on time to prepare particular programs for future and there is a regular loss of precious time and opportunities.
5. Evidence of Success:
- Evidence of success of this practice is the informal positive feedback which we have received from our students. We have also witness a sense of accountability towards the task from the staffs. We have also observed that there is a significant increase in the presence of the students in the class room and campus activities. Day to day activities has also increased. Students and staff both are working positively to achieve their pedagogical and learning outcome at required time.
- This practice makes it possible for planning and exercise of various sporting, cultural and eventful activities in and out side campus and university.
- Completion of course on time makes it possible to conduct examinations on time.
- The regular presence of students is always a challenge for teachers to satisfy their learning thrust. Therefore the activities themselves are made more informative to meet the academic demands. Improved methods in teaching and learning is noticeable evidence of success.
6. Problem encountered and resource required.
During the initial stage of the implementation of the practice of imposing fine and punishments we have speculated that we will face resistance from students. Since this practice was complimented to enhance the spirit of the students and responsibilities of the tasks assigned to the office and teaching staff. We a have made them understand that now this process will help us and the students in a long run. Main focus was given to the studentís attentiveness. The main element of this process was a collective declaration of the students and staff and that was the self belongingness towards their institution and their future goals.
7. Note :
- In early stage the practice to fine absentee students was seen to be the fund raising scheme from the university but later on it was found very fruitful for all students and faculty and of course the institution.